Tuesday 12 July 2011

BONES


BONES
The study of culture and humanity had always been my interest. Anthropology helped this interest thrive and brought me more closer to the real human world. In this course I encountered the discipline of human osteology. It was all about learning human bones. Respecting them as subjects of scientific inquiry, it was thrilling holding the skull and other parts of the skeleton. The osteology lab was a bit scary but it was my curiosity that made me so keen in spending a lot of time in identification of bones and studying the variations. It was also amusing to palpate and visualize your own bones. After studying all the 206 bones in an adult skeleton and holding some new born skulls made me realize that life is short.  Some day my body will turn to dust leaving behind my bones. I don’t know if my bones will be valued but indeed my memories will always be cherished. So keep your bones strong and make best of them till you die

No comments:

Post a Comment