Monday 1 September 2014

A life unexplored


In Divyadaan i came across these word by Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience".  Thanks to Fr. Felix Fernandes, sdb, who helped me introspect on these words by Chardin.  I encountered these words 5-6 months back, but have understood what it meant recently. 

This comes down to my experience at Walwanda, with the Warli Indigenous community. When i landed in the forest area there , the first thing i did was built harmony with nature and asked mother nature to protect me. I could feel a spirit of mother nature uniting with my spirit. I just told myself, i am a spiritual being having a human experience and that is how i will encounter these villages and the lives of people here. 

When i started exploring the place and life of the Warlis, i truly had a spiritual experience, where it was certain that there is 80% of us which is spiritual and just 20% of human experience. And this human experience is so basic. That is all we need to live a good life. But how unfortunate are we, who go into the wilderness searching for spirituality thinking we are humans. When the ideas remains of , we being spiritual beings having human experience. I felt amazing having this experience and learnt so much about this simplicity of life. 

You truly are a spiritual being who is having an human experience. If you really want to explore a life which is unexplored, go ahead and visit this place. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy to read your spiritual experience at Warlis. You are privileged to have this unique inner experience.

    ReplyDelete