Thursday 24 September 2015

Why they...


During my college days i used to have a world map facing my study table, that world map always reminded me that i was not the only product of evolution of homo sapiens....hahaha!! In other words it reminded me that i was not the only one who had problems in life nor i was the only one who had solutions to world's problems. At the same time i was always aware of the power of one individual who could be instrumental in changing lives of many through her dialogues. In this course of life i have encountered many personalities right from the ones in politics to midwives in remote villages, people in the field of music, dance, theatre and so many in the world of business, medicine, sports etc. As i mentioned the world map is overwhelming helping me find meaning in life now and then. I often asked myself , Why they....?? Why these personalities and there are so many i can't even recall... it is a never ending saga of people who are victors in their lives in their own unique ways, in different fields and in different hearts and minds.It is unfortunate, however, that they don't know me and i don't know them. Yet, they have influenced my way of being.

Now lets ask, Why me... what is my personality like, how close i am to them. After all the wisdom and knowledge that i have been trying to gain, the only end i see is ME...Just ME. And there i learn that all these personalities have a different story to share, then what is my story? Since i know that i am the author of my life, how can i ever expect someone else to narrate my story or for that matter why I should be giving explanations for my story, no one has the right to judge me. It is amusing to see that all these personalities have become a figure for reference after they have accomplished something significant, however, their struggles have been recorded and have truly been inspirational.So life is simple when you see it through your lenses.When you see your life through the eyes of others, you see just perspectives that can either make you or break you. So Why they...Why not You...Why not ME. This is a question for all philosophers. Anyways the fun of life is to let life happen and at times make life happen. Play with this a little more and then when you are confused and lost. Look at the world map...close your eyes and see all the people in your life who have smiled at you, who have loved you, who have shared the best moments with you...see people who live in abundance, with immense joy and happiness, see those children with innocence smiling at you, see the sun that rises, see the birds that fly, see the rivers that flow...open your eyes and then close your eyes again... see your grave.... open your eyes and just ask this question..."What difference I have made in the lives of others?" and you will know all the people in your life who have raised you up... and you see that is Why personalities matter.







No comments:

Post a Comment