Tuesday 12 July 2011

Culture of Bambooism

Addy and I met in 2006. He was really weird but amazing. Everything that Addy said ended with “Lah”. But most of the times it was “No Lah ” and there we landed up with arguments. Addy and I had different opinions on world peace, humanity and such other topics that awaited us in the agenda. Some how we really didn’t like each other until the night we drank  something really special. The conference on Peace Building had many delegates from all over Asia. Addy was there all the way from the land of Lah. Onshi from Korea was another character you should meet. He was this cute looking guy in his late 20’s always seen with a cigarette and a bottle of water. So sweet of him to fag and then take a sip of water. It looked awkward but then I knew he was a Korean and to note he never spoke a single word. Addy and I figured out that the only solution to our now and then debates was to appreciate the good in each other. There was no point in fighting all the time when we very well knew that our mission was peace building. So finally we decided to go for a walk down the lane and find a solution to our never ending fights. It was dusk. Addy and I chose to walk until we were convinced that good existed in both of us. As we walked we got worse. We stopped at a telephone booth and were ready to slit each other’s neck. To our surprise we saw Onshi resting his back against  the wall and  taking a fag. My throat was choked and I had to keep my stand in the argument. I walked up to Onshi and drank water from his bottle that he usually carried and something like this happened later *****%%%$$$&&&@@@## .   That was Bamboo Juice. It looked liked water but it was not. I was high in no time and Addy was kind enough to drink the rest to make history. That night Addy and I cracked the best jokes in the world and laughed over everything we encountered on the street. Onshi of course had to bear the consequences of carrying bamboo juice. But he took good care of both of us all the way to the campus. The next day bamboo Juice was declared the instrument of peace building between Addy and me. The delegates did have a hearty laugh and the Korean guy was accused for having alcohol on campus. But some how bamboo juice did good to Addy and my friendship. Addy and I were so amused at that crazy drink that towards the end of the conference we did try it again. Since then Bamboo juice has been a part of our friendship and our conversations. Slowly we built a culture of Bambooism in our own world where everything is connected to Bamboo juice. Even though we are far from each other every evening we make a point to meet each other online and say cheerz to bamboo juice and believe me we do get high. So that’s the joy of having bamboo juice with Addy. I guess it was not Bamboo juice, it was that moment with Addy that made our friendship so wacky.

2 comments:

  1. Marina, you made my day! Im laughing hard and right now, Im in tears. hahaha. Adrian shared about this and I laughed not because of the story but of how he told me. with explosions of laughter and the lahs. Now, I know. hahaha. Miss you guys. My God, cant stop laughing. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thats so sweet of you Ley... Will always make sure that i am one of the persons who makes your day. Thanks for being a follower on my BLOG. Muaaah!!!

    ReplyDelete