Friday 9 September 2011

The 3 idiots in my class

I was blessed with 25 amazing classmates in the last year of my college. We had a good time learning together and doing all the crazy stuff in class. Sandy, Shawn and Rui (L-R) were the only guys we had in our anthropology class. It was fun to have them in class especially when Prof. Eddy was teaching. We took all the crap from Eddy but at the same time he was a challenging teacher. What is so special about these guys? The only answer I have is that they were the only guys in class and so I remember them…. Hehe!! That is silly but true, they were outstanding. They are not idiots but when they stood together they looked like one.
 SANDY - A person who always did jugar for notes and helped in class activities. He was hard working but most of the times he was hardly working. It was fun to have him around. His name used to feature on the black list for attendance( well it was an honour we all had experienced)  and then he always asked us a question, “ yesa  kaise ho gaya yaar ? I attend all the lectures.” We loved Prof. Eddiee and took all the possible crap from him in our anthropology class. Sandy was smart and had ideas, I mean he just had ideas. The rest was our call. He had dreams that we till date are trying to understand. He learnt the word Khali Bhali from me, which basically means “to chill and let go”. Hopefully it should mean that…hehe!! We often used that word in our song. His answer papers were something that could go to the museum. Just for people to have a glimpse of how the primitives could have written if they were literate. I drove him crazy when it came to his camera. He entertained all my tantrums for taking my pictures. How can he forget  the 300ml Vodka.
RUI – Our Manipuri friend was possessed by the goddess named ‘Sleep’. He came late for lectures, never did his home work, was well known to doze off in class and loved to eat the Chinese food in the canteen. I remember his yellow T-shirt and the cute bag he carried to class. He was full of doubts. He asked questions all the time. Once he read the answer in class @Eddy’s lecture with great confidence. Please note he just read, he didn’t understand anything of it as the answer was written by me. He was fun and we laughed all the time. Very kind and humble. Rui was loved by all the girls in class. A lot more to say about this cute guy.

SHAWN- He is an amazing painter. Very talented and speaks his heart. Very strong at his thoughts and can express his ideas. I have not known him that well on a personal note. But indeed have known his kindness when our class was out for lunch at Universal. He was simple and friendly.  I remember him asking the right questions and giving the wrong answers in class. Nevertheless, he was good at what he thought.
These are the three idiots I had in my class, who were so adorable in their own ways. Miss you guys and love you  all. Thank you for all the beautiful moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment