Friday 30 December 2011

MAKE UP

I was completely shattered that night. Couldn’t accept that something like this could happen, was thinking about it all the time. A day later was my show, a dance performance I was looking forward to for long. I had no one to cheer me up; the person I counted on was no more part of my world. All my happiness was stolen in a jiffy. I had to be strong and take care of myself. It was hard to smile but I had to for my buddies who were all set to set the stage on fire. Long hours of practice, costumes and all our hard work had to be seen on stage. Was feeling very low and out of place, when all were shouting and dancing. My friends rushed me to the washroom to dress up. I was least interested but I had to put up some makeup. My face was pale and eyes were full of tears. All were dressing up with joy and admiring themselves. While I stood in front of the mirror and kept asking many questions to myself, seeking an answer for all that happened, was feeling like a loser. My buddies as usual are awesome, they figured out that I didn’t know how to put on makeup. They laughed at me and came to my help. All I knew was moisturizer, powder and Kajal. They insisted that I should put on some makeup to look good on stage. I finally agreed and did it myself, as I was putting on my makeup. I realized that it was something I really needed. When you want to hide your sorrows from the world, when you don’t want anyone to know the real you, when you want to cover up for all that you are not… then honey it is time for some makeup. After my makeup I felt awesome, I was now ready to dance. Even though my heart was weeping, my lips were smiling. Even though my eyes had tears, my eyelashes pushed them deep inside every time I blinked. My performance was good, I walked down the stage and felt awesome about being a dancer. I learnt how to make up for things in life. It is never too late to make up for anything you have lost or missed in life. It is all about your attitude in life that makes you what you are. If you think you can, you will. If you think you can’t, you will never. And here no one is right or wrong, there are no conditions. If I can’t, then I am honest that I can’t. If I can, I will give my best to someone who really deserves it.


No comments:

Post a Comment