Saturday 21 June 2014

The Sacredness of Life

 Dedicated 
to 
Kia Scherr

I have always being passionate about life or i must say when i think of passion, i think of life. Recently i was down with ill health, it was urinary tract infection. Due to my careless attitude towards health, i could not detect it earlier. It got me all mad and my body was not responding. I was annoyed and frustrated being home. Here i got hold of this book collecting dust on my shelf. I just looked at this book and thought of Kia and her passion for peace and honoring the sacredness of life. I told myself, "Lets try this, if this really works". Since i was moving to work the next day almost after a week being home, i promised myself to be true to this only for knowing Kia closely. I started and here i want to share how it feels:

DAY 1 - Slow Down
The word slow down hurts, as i wanted to compete with life. It was hard but i had to practice. I felt your slow down attitude begins not with the things you do in life, it begins with the thoughts you have on your mind. Being at home all frustrated, i smiled and said to myself, "How did Kia know one has to begin with this". I felt good to keep reminding myself to slow down, to just relax and not worry about things which really don't mean much. But this created space for so much in my life. Day one was good. Just to remind myself that i had to slow down, i pictures the tread mill coming to an end...and so i was slowing down, when my mind was trying its best to walk on the tread mill. 

DAY 2- Smile
Wow!! I am so good at this as i call myself princess of happiness. I thought it would be easy. But to my surprise it was not. Kia mentions this and i learnt it, Smile for no reason. This is something i carried to work that day. It feels awesome when you smile for no reason, everything around you feels so positive that i don't anything or anyone would want to come and take away that smile for you. That day was truly dedicated to Kia, as i always associated her with her smile.

DAY 3- Breathe Deeply
Being a lover of Yoga, i did that beautifully. Kept doing that for no reason, hehe!! I continued the no reason espisode and it felt nice. Just had no reason, but every time i took a deep breath , something within said, "Everything's gonna be alright".

DAY 4- Acceptance
Sometimes  you are too saturated with the life you live, the work you do and the people you meet. You feel - you need a break, you need a change. And i learnt that acceptance makes things easy. When you accept that present moment and are determined to make best of it. New avenues open up and you feel good about the way you chose to live. Acceptance helps in perseverance.

DAY 5- Listening
This is so much need for a person who loves to talk and express herself. Kia mentioned listening to feelings, emotions...i was curious and i tried to do that. I learnt, it feels awesome when someone listens to you, even when you are silent. I paid attention to my surrounding that day, i could connect all the first four, where i was slowing down while i was walking, smiling for no reason, taking a deep breath and accepting the person that i am. It was listening to the song which i had composed.

(It is a 30 days pledge....i will share with you after next 5 days)





No comments:

Post a Comment